Saturday, January 22, 2011

How Jeritt and I Met

Many people ask us how we met. Jeritt and I joke a lot about how we started dating mostly because we like to tease each other about it. So, here is how we started dating from my perspective.

Jeritt and I worked at Elite Hair Salon in Weatherford, Texas for nine months before he got the nerve up to ask me out.  I was folding towels in the dispensary of the salon and overheard a conversation between Jeritt and the salon owner, my boss at the time, Stephen. Stephen invited Jeritt to go to dinner and the movies with him and his wife, Vonnie. Stephen suggested that Jeritt should get a date for the night. Jeritt said that he would just ask Merritt to go with him. Stephen then laughed out loud and declared, "she will never say yes!" Moments later, Jeritt walked back to the dispensary and asked me if I would be interested in seeing the movie Mr. Brooks with him, Stephen and Vonnie. Casually I responded with a simple "yes". Neither of us had any idea of what would come of this double date, but that simple "yes" I uttered changed our lives forever.

What Jeritt did not know is that since January of that year, I had been praying for him every day. The Lord instructed me to begin praying for him while I was sitting in the salon and I obeyed Him. Through my prayer times at home I started realizing that I began to like Jeritt. Although we may have looked different- most people say he looks like a pirate-punk rock star, whereas, I am the preppy princess who loves pink, over a period of time, I found that Jeritt and I shared many of the same beliefs, likes/dislikes and faith.

After our first date on June 1, 2007 we were inseparable. We knew after the first month of dating that we were to marry. December 22, 2007 was the date where we officially got engaged. Jeritt asked me to spend the rest of my life with him in that small room where he first asked me to go on a double date with him. There in the dispensary of Elite Hair Salon, I said "yes".

No comments:

Post a Comment