Well, it seems that Arlington, TX and the surrounding cities have major Super Bowl fever. I understand why considering we are hosting the event but seriously? Example of the fever- Today, a breaking news report interrupted regular TV programming to show the viewers the airplane in which the Pittsburgh Steelers arrived on at DFW. Then, we continued to see the Steelers travel down the interstate in their buses to arrive safely at their hotel. Wow! What amazing news.
Jeritt and I will possibly watch the game here at home, but I expect it will be a quiet Super Bowl Sunday for us. My family on the other hand will be watching in Chicago (Regan, Jeff and Carys), Charleston (Mom and Dad Phil) and Sunset Beach (Dad Bennett) ever so intently because some are Green Bay Packer fans, and some are Pittsburgh Steelers fans. I think I will just go neutral and wear yellow to honor both the teams.
We had our first major house emergency this weekend. Long story short- we have roots growing into our sewer line. The beautiful trees in our front yard seek out water, and well the sewer line has plenty in it. Who knew? We fortunately were able to contain the flood of water that spilled in our guest bathroom, master bathroom, and hallway. Thank God for tile floors, towels and mops! Once we figured out what was going on; the flood was contained but it really worried me.
I asked Jeritt, "what is God trying to teach us with this situation?" Jeritt said, "how to keep our peace in the midst of an emergency." He reminded me of the Scripture James 1:2 in which the Bible states, " Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds...."
Although this is not a trial that has tested my faith in God, it was a learning experience for me as a new home owner and as a Believer. Expect the unexpected sometimes, keep your peace and joy in tough situations, and be prepared in emergencies! Ha! Jeritt and I did thank God for the experience. We praised Him because the flood of water was much more like a small stream of water than a huge flood of rushing river water into our home. We thanked Him that Jeritt was able to leave work during this emergency to help out his wife- who was definitely freaking out. We thanked God for the amazing service we received from the City of Arlington water department. They came out within an hour of our emergency phone call to see where the sewer problem could have started. And lastly, we thanked God that it was just water and not other "stuff" that flooded the various rooms mentioned previously. Whew!
Well, that is the latest lesson we have learned as "the King Family". I am so thankful that I have such a wonderful husband, who knows just how to handle me especially in stressful situations. I am so blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment