Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Big Chill 2011

An unexpected week of vacation is the blessing Jeritt and I received this week due to the Big Chill of 2011 here in Texas. Although, I have heard many complaints from others about being stuck at home for a week due to the ice and snow, Jeritt and I have cherished it. We rarely get time together during the week because of our work schedules presently.

All this week, just he and I enjoying each other, enjoying marriage.... what a wonderful thing! I always prayed for a husband that would adore and cherish me- and God answered. It's like my husband can't get enough of me. Does that make sense?

Just before we were married, several people told us that the lovey dovey feeling we possessed as newlyweds would not always be around in our marriage. What is that? Why would someone say that? I could not ever imagine not enjoying my husband, Jeritt. There are times where we may disagree, but that does not take the place of the fact that I LIKE my spouse. I enjoy his company, I like what he has to say, I desire his presence always. To think of being away from him for longer than even one night, is crazy to me.

We talked about the lessons God is teaching us through this week of being home bound. Jeritt said that he really felt as if God was giving us a gift. It was God saying to Jeritt and I, "I know you two work opposite schedules right now, so here- enjoy this time off together." I believe Jeritt is right. For me the lesson was also to keep my peace. It is so easy to complain when things don't go as you have planned. My plan this week was to take care of my husband, my home and work my normal schedule at the school. God's plan was different, and that's OK with me.

It is so amazing to witness the beauty of winter from the french doors that look into our backyard. The ice over the pool water, the snow piled on the grass and our yellow and violet pansies covered in snow. This is our gift from God this week.

Question: What have have you received from Him this week? Please, take time to notice the gift God has given to you this week and give Him thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment