It's been a rough few weeks for Jeritt and I. We both found ourselves fighting colds at the same time. I am so thankful we were well enough to work and care for ourselves because it could have been extremely bad if we had gotten the flu. Praise God for our health!
We have really enjoyed all the new experiences we have encountered now being home owners. It's been so exciting planning out different rooms, purchasing furniture, chandlers, bedding etc. We have enough room for visitors to spend the night which is super exciting for us too. In April, my sister, brother-in-law, 2 year old niece, mom and dad Phil will all visit us at the same time. I can not wait for them to get here. What's even more exciting is that they will be here to celebrate Jeritt's 27th birthday! Hopefully, Jeritt and I will have time over the next month to really get the home ready for our visitors, especially for our niece Carys. I think our home is a safe place for a 2 year old, but you never know. I am sure my sister and mom will help me make the house toddler safe once they arrive.
Speaking of making the home ready, my next house project is to paint our foyer. It's a long narrow space that leads into our family room. Right now the foyer is boring. It's not making a statement at all. The flooring is a beautiful light tile and we have wainscoting but the walls are just a basic beige. The lighting is bland too. I am thinking of a deep rich plum color on the walls. I want a color that makes an impact, that is regal and rich. A deep plum or purple says that to me. What do you think? Then, I hope to use white frames with white matting to put up color photos that have been taken by my dad Phil, my sister, Jeritt and even by me. Almost like an art gallery of family photos! It sounds wonderful in my head. I hope it works in the foyer.
Well, I have to share what God has been teaching Jeritt and I during the month of February. Cherish the time you get to share with family. Recently, Jeritt's grandfather passed away. His death was unfortunate but it helped bring the family closer together. Jeritt and I want to make sure that we don't take our families for granted. We are here on Earth for such a short time, we must make sure not to get so busy in ourselves, that we miss opportunities to spend time with family and minister to them.
No comments:
Post a Comment