Thursday, March 24, 2011

One Proverbs posting a day

As I stated in the last post, I have begun to post a Proverbs scripture everyday on our Facebook account. What really encouraged me to take on this daily challenge was the posting of an acquaintance Jeritt and I know via Facebook and our jobs. This individual is an atheist and seems to enjoy making a mockery of God and the Bible, especially through Facebook. Normally, I would overlook such postings and just delete them. However, I felt that if Jeritt and I are going to keep our Facebook account, why not use it as an avenue to share Scripture with our Facebook friends?

I asked Jeritt's permission to do this. Our account is under both of our names, however, Jeritt receives all the email notifications. Therefore, if people respond to the postings, he would be getting the emails, not me. He told me to go for it.

So far I have really enjoyed choosing the posting each day. It's only been a 5 days and so far many of our friends have "liked" the verses posted each day.  I am praying that the postings will continue to bless all of our Christian friends. I hope it also encourages them to share verses as well. I also pray that it will begin to work on the hearts of our non-Christian Facebook friends. At the end of the day, I know that God is almighty and will do His work whether I make a posting of Scripture or not. However, I always love being used by Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment