On this brisk April morning, my mom and I are emailing each other. They are on their way to visit our house and are now about 8 hours away. I am so excited. In one email I shared with my mother that I am waiting for Jeritt to wake up so he can cook breakfast for us. This is our normal Saturday routine. I wake up around 7:30 am, drink my coffee, read the Bible and watch the news. Then, I patiently wait until 9 or 10 am to jump on our bed and beg Jeritt to finally wake up to cook our breakfast.
My mom says "You are spoiled." Sure, a lot of people looking at our normal Saturday routine could say that, and I am OK with that statement. However, my honest response to that is, "I am not spoiled, I am just loved." I don't know how other husbands are with their wives. I don't witness the day in and day out workings of other people's marriages. Yes, I had the opportunity to watch my parents marriage as I grew up and yes, I do believe my parents love each other, however, the manifestation of their love is expressed differently than how Jeritt and I express love to each other.
When Jeritt and I "found" each other and realized we were going to spend the rest of our lives together, we made a commitment to each other. Not just the commitment of marriage- til death due us part sort of thing, but we committed to the loving one another. It's a selfless love we try to express every day. It's a love where I put his needs before my needs, and he puts my needs before his own needs. Yes, we do "spoil" each other, and we have a blast doing it. We still hold hands, send each other love notes, and act silly in love when we are together. We keep that passion for one another alive. When we are in our sixties and seventies we still want to have that spark of love ever so present in how we treat each other.
I waited 34 years to find my Jeritt and marry him. Everyday, I thank the Lord for him and for knowing exactly what I needed in a husband. I thank Him for creating Jeritt for that purpose. Everyday, I am amazed by God's faithfulness. My husband loves to spoil me, to treat me like his queen and in turn I treat him like a king.
Today, we will continue in our normal routine. Jeritt will slowly wake up to make his queen breakfast. Then after we eat together and chat about our day, I will get up to take care of all the dishes for my king. This is our duty as husband and wife, yet it is also our pleasure and our deepest desire to fully care for and love one another selflessly forever.
Nice article about you and Jerrit :)
ReplyDeleteI hope you two will last forever. Thanks for sharing. I enjoy it a lot.
Angelo,
Rapid Loans
Business Loans