I believe God delights in giving us little reminders of HIS love for us throughout the day. Sometimes I am more in tune with those little God moments and sometimes I am completely blind to them. Nevertheless, they are there.
Yesterday at 4:13 am God showed me His reminder that unfortunately, I just did not see.
Multiple times this week when I looked at the clock it would be 4:13 pm. Noticing the repetition several days in a row, I thought of my former role as a teacher and academic advisor with Paul Mitchell Schools. You see, Paul Mitchell makes a great hair brush called 413. Since 413 kept coming up each day I believed it was God prompting me to pray for my former employer, former coworkers and workplace, which I gladly took a moment to pray over. However, there was a much bigger picture that I was not aware of, until this morning.
Wide awake at 4 am, I laid there wondering what God wanted me to do since He wasn't letting me go back to sleep. I glanced again at my clock and it said 4:13 am. Seeing the same set of numbers once again, I knew this was no coincidence, God was trying to get my attention. I asked God what was I missing since apparently my prayers for Paul Mitchell weren't the only thing He was trying to get across to me. I laid there silent, and the Lord told me to look for the corresponding scripture to go with 413. Unsure of what book in the Bible to go to, I asked God where in His Word did He want me to go. I heard Him say, "why don't you start in Philippians."
Philippians 4:13 states, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (NKJV) As I read the verse, my mind and heart shouted silently WOW. Thank you Lord for the reminder today, that I can do it, with Him.
Let's hit rewind and let me give you some background info. I ask God regularly what purpose or plans do I need to carry out for him. Sometimes that task is just for the day, sometimes that task is something that will take longer to accomplish. Either way, I daily attempt to go to the Lord and get my assignment.
For the month of September, I have been asking this question over and over again. I have extra time on my hands now that our boys are in school again, so I wanted to make sure my free time was fruitful for the Kingdom of God. When I ask the Lord these things I pause and wait for His directions. Lately, all I heard were crickets. Surely God has a task I need to complete. Right?
This weekend my husband and I were talking about hearing from the Lord and I told Jeritt that God has been silent for the past few weeks. My sweet, precious, loving Jeritt said something that really hit home to me. He said, "usually when he can't hear from God it's because God has already told him something to do and now he is struggling to be obedient to that call." OUCH! YIKES!
Was I disobedient in something Lord?
I said to Jeritt that normally God is quiet with me when He has already given me direction on what to do and I haven't finished the task yet. Jeritt humbly said, "if you haven't done it yet or finished it, aren't you being disobedient to what God has asked you to complete?" Ouch again... BURN!
Here I am now at 4:13 am, having a quiet conversation with God while everyone else in the home is asleep and I realize I WAS being disobedient. I realized that I was stalling on a task God had assigned to me. This scripture reference was HIM telling me that I could do it.
I guess the next question I should answer for you is what task are you supposed to be doing?
THIS.
Writing this.
Writing this blog.
Lots has happened in life since I originally started this blog. And God has been patiently pushing me to write again.
He reminded me of a previous conversation last year in which we were talking about writing what He was doing in my family, sharing our God stories. In which, at that time, I asked God to give me some writing material and free time to actually write in the blog again. End of story, I needed God to do His part so I could do mine. Ha.
During this current conversation God prompted me to go through my notes on my Iphone and just take a look. As I looked through my notes I realized I had TONS of material. God was not the one that was not answering me, I was the one not listening. Philippians 4:19 says, "And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."(NKJV)
Humbled, excited, nervous all at the same time, I repented of my disobedience. I had over 25 different topics, unfinished God stories, in my notes that He supplied but I just did not finish OR post on the blog. Wow and once again, yikes, I am humbled and so sorry for my disobedience.
And today here I am, writing.
Psalm 103:8 says, "The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in mercy." Thank you LORD for your patience with me in this task. Clearly, I have stalled and been disobedience. Yet you are always merciful and patient with me.
What have you delayed starting that the Lord asked you to complete? What is holding you back? Take a few moments to ask God to reveal the task He has for you today. Ask Him to give you the courage to complete that task and please step out in faith and complete the work for Him. You can do it, in Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment