Thursday, June 9, 2011

Expecting

When I pray, I always expect an answer from God. Sometimes He offers me an immediate response, other prayers may take days or even years to hear His response. But He always answers.

Recently, I shared how Jeritt and I had been praying about having children. It's been a constant prayer for over one year to prepare us for parenthood if that was His will for our marriage. Jeritt and I began to realize that perhaps children were not for us. That in fact, maybe we would end up adopting in the future. We were concerned about having children at my age. Would it be OK to do? Of course when I would ask God about my age and children, God would always remind me of Abraham and Sarah. Therefore, I would just say, OK God if Sarah can do it, then I can too! Just let me know when.

Many of our family members have been pressuring us to get pregnant for a while now, which is not fun to be on the receiving end of the pressure especially when Jeritt and I have honestly been praying for God's will in this portion of our marriage. I know that they just want to see us enjoying parenthood as a married couple, but sometimes we would feel alienated by our family because we really were not sure about parenthood.

Well, we have confirmed an answer from the Lord as of June 3. I am pregnant! Yes, that is correct- we are expecting. It has been such an overwhelming situation for us now. After one year of praying and waiting, the answer finally came in the form of a positive pregnancy test. Jeritt and I are most certainly excited about our good news, but I am also so nervous. So many questions about what's next, so many plans to make, and I am so sick right now. Nausea, tired and food aversions! What fun, right?

What has been the true blessing in finding out about our pregnancy is having my sister pregnant at the same time, and also a few girlfriends are pregnant too. The questions can be answered by my doctor yet, having girlfriends who are experiencing the same thing has really been helpful.

So, what is the lesson that Jeritt and I have learned through this? Basically to remember that God always answers prayers. He may not answer right away therefore we must be patient. We must maintain that hopeful expectation that He will answer while He is preparing our hearts for the answers. As humans we can make our plans and set them in motion but ultimately all plans created by us are in vain because God's Will will be done.

Jeritt and I are so excited about the upcoming change in our marriage. Our bundle of joy is not scheduled to arrive until January 12, so until then- we will be preparing for the baby and everything that God has planned for us through his/her arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment