I love those God moments that occur in our life. It gives me a chance to praise God for who He is and to honor him by sharing our God story with others. Today, I want to share a God story with you. One in which God shows up- just because He is a good God who does what He says He will do.
Our God Story
It was a Monday morning and everyone in our house was running a few minutes behind it seemed. Jeritt got into his truck to take our Beaumont, who was 3 years old at this time, to his day care in Arlington, Texas. I was home doing house chores because I was off this Monday.
While doing chores, I stopped to say my routine morning prayer. This prayer consists of several scriptures, the Our Father plus a prayer for safety over the family and for God to send his guardian angels to minister to the needs of the family.
On Jeritt's way to Arlington, he was just coming into the Benbrook, Fort Worth area of I-20 East when he realized he had a tire that was going flat. Quickly, Jeritt called me about the delay. He was pulling over to the side of the highway to take care of the tire situation. As Jeritt was letting me know where he was and what was happening, he told me to hold on for just a moment because a truck pulled in right behind him. Jeritt hung up the phone.
I sent a quick text message to our spiritual parents, JD and Donna Smith, to ask them to pray for Jeritt and over this situation. Jeritt planned on stopping by their home this day for a visit and the flat tire would delay him. They got the text and said they would pray for him. Then the Holy Spirit reminded me that Jeritt's mom left for work late this morning and would potentially be driving by Jeritt on the highway any moment now. I called Candace, Jeritt's mom, to share with her what was going on.
Honestly, I was anxiously waiting to hear something from Jeritt. This part of the interstate is very busy, and I was concerned for everyone's safety, so I prayed again for peace and safety. About 10-15 minutes later Jeritt calls me back.
Jeritt says, "baby, you will not believe what happened. As soon as I pulled over and was calling you, a stranger in a truck just came out of nowhere it seemed and offered to help me." Jeritt explained that the gentleman told Jeritt to get the baby (Beaumont) in a safe place and he would go ahead and get the truck jacked up for them to remove the tire.
The way Jeritt's truck is made, the car seat had to be removed from its spot in the back seat in order to get to the latch that would release the jack and spare tire. Right when Jeritt was trying to put Beaumont in a secure location, Jeritt's mom pulled up and said she would watch Beaumont while they changed the tire. Thus, Jeritt was able to get Beaumont moved safely, he was able to grab the spare tire, all while the stranger started the process of removing the flat tire.
This gentleman, who I firmly believe was a guardian angel sent by God, changed Jeritt's tire and before Jeritt could even ask the guy for his name or say thank you, the man finished changing the tire and left.
After we finished talking on the phone and Jeritt finished his God story, I began to thank God for his provision of a guardian angel to assist Jeritt in a time of need. I also thanked God for his delay of Candace so she would arrive at the exact moment needed in order to care for Beaumont.
Please know that God watches over his children. Even in the midst of a busy Monday morning, God can answer the simplest prayers for you. Psalms 91:11 says, "For He shall give HIs angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways." (NKJV) and Hebrews 13: 2 says, "Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels." (NKJV)
I firmly believe that God sent a guardian angel to Jeritt and Beaumont that day so we would testify of His goodness. In these testimonies, of God's supernatural provision, we can see God's signs and wonders... even in an age where most people don't even believe in the supernatural.
This is my "alter to God" for His goodness in our lives. He shows us his grace and mercy so often in our lives and He deserves to be praised. Not for what He can give me, but for being exactly who He is, the Almighty God the Father who knows what we need even before we ask him for it.
I know that He delayed Jeritt's mom so she could watch Beaumont. I know that He sent this stranger to assist my husband in changing this tire. And I also know that through God's miracles, His signs and wonders, people come to know HIM.
If you don't know Jesus as your Lord and Savior. Please ask God to send His Holy Spirit to you so you can know Jesus. Knowing God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit- the Trinity- has been the best thing to ever happen in my life. Hopefully, this blog..... these God stories, struggles I have faced that God has gotten me through and lessons I have learned will cause you to consider knowing God. Amen and amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment