Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Journey with God

This morning I woke up to birds chirping, the sun starting to creep in our bedroom windows and the brisk cool air in our home. Jeritt was already up preparing for work, therefore the warmth from him was now gone from our bed. As I laid there saying hello to God, I thought of how awesome He is and how much God has blessed us. It's been amazing this journey with God that we are on. As I was talking briefly with God, I was reminded to set aside time to write a post today.

Two friends of mine actually inspired me to start blogging. These two ladies have been blogging for some time about what God is doing in their lives and about their families. Every time I read their posts I am so blessed by what they share. They are so transparent in their postings. I love it.

Then one day it dawned on me- they are journaling their God moments. How awesome is that?! They are taking time out of their busy schedules to sit down and write about what God is teaching them. That one thought led me to say to Jeritt, "baby, is it OK to start a blog?"

Now, a few months later, I am sitting here remembering the encouragement from JD and Donna Smith to actually journal our God moments. They instructed Jeritt and I to begin writing down our God moments so that we can remember Him and share our God stories with others. Donna has journaled for many, many years. I have seen all of their journals full of what transpired every day in their marriage. They use these journals to help them remember. Then, the Smith's share their God stories- whether triumphs or trials. They do this to honor Him and to obey a commandment of God- to remember. They also do this as a means to teach others the lessons God has taught them and relate everything to the Bible.

In the Old Testament, when God moved in a person's life, that individual would place a pillar of stones on the ground to honor and remember God. These stones would remain in that particular area, thus whenever the individual returned to the pillar of stones they would remember Him. They would remember the times when He provides, protects, corrects, prevents, challenges, loves, encourages etc.

So I guess what I am trying to say is that blogging is our journal. Over and over again, Jeritt and I have attempted to journal. Yet, again and again we fail. For us it was not because of laziness, or disobedience to instruction but perhaps just the medium in which we were choosing to write. We have found that our blog allows us to remember what God is doing in our lives just like a journal would, yet we can share this lesson to anyone-even if they don't live here in Texas.

Our desire is to remember and honor God through our blog, yet in my mind I also hope it speaks to our friends and family if and when they read it. Jeritt and I are in a place of rest right now in our marriage. We have been so busy in the first two years of marriage, we needed a time of quiet, rest and peace. God has given us that gift now that we live in Arlington, however, we still desire to share our God lessons to those who are interested in listening.

We hope that our God moments will offer some encouragement to you.  Just as we were inspired through the faithful journaling/bloggling of our friends, we pray that you will be inspired to write down your journey with God, either in a journal, typing in a word document on your computer, or even developing your own blog. Most importantly, whether you decide to journal or not, we pray that you will Remember Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment